Support to live independently in your home or with other people

to Live Independently

Support to Live Independently

Do you want to live independently – either in your own home, or in a shared accommodation house with other people?


Supported Independent Living

Supported Independent Living may suit you if you enjoy living independently but also require some extra support to meet your daily needs. Call us on 1300 369 568 for more information.

Quick Enquiry

Supported Independent Living

Support to Live Independently

At Nextt, we’re dedicated to helping you live independently and comfortably in your own home or with others. We offer a range of disability accommodation support to live independently options, designed to provide the support you need while honouring your choices and individual needs.

Supported Independent Living (SIL) is a type of NDIS support that helps people with disability to live as independently as possible.  With SIL, you can receive daily support with tasks including personal care such as showering and dressing, household tasks including shopping, meal preparation and cleaning or support to connect you with your local community.

What services can you receive?


SIL may provide support across a number of areas including:

Personal care


Cooking and meal preparation

Household chores




Medical assistance


Travel training

Attending appointments


Accessing the community

What are the different SIL options?

I want to live with housemates

Shared living is for people who choose to live in a shared home environment with housemates who may share similar personalities, interests, goals and support needs.  We have a strong focus on matching people who choose to live together and locating a home that suits everyone’s needs and requirements. We work with you to ensure a smooth individualised transition.

See our current SIL and SDA vacancies, or we can help you find a property within or around a location that suits you.


This option is for people who wish to receive support to allow them to live independently on their own.
See our current SIL and SDA vacancies, or we can help you find a property within or around a location that suits you.

I need specialised support

For people who need additional support for their everyday needs in a Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) home. Learn more about SDA homes.
We can also provide 24/7 support in a home environment to people with complex support needs, dual diagnosis or behaviours of concern. Find out more about Complex Capacity Building Model of Support.

Support to live independently

What is Specialist Disability Accommodation?

Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) offers housing solutions for people with significant functional challenges or high needs, making it easier to access the support they require. SDA options may include shared living or even living independently, depending on your preferences. The funding covers the home expenses, but you’ll usually need to manage rent and personal costs separately, while additional support services are not part of the package.


If you currently live in your own home, Nextt can provide you with regular and ongoing support suited to your individual needs. 

Register your interest

Help us to understand you better and help you begin the journey to find your
own supported home!

We will respond to your enquiry within one business day

Get started

Let us know how we can help you with your specific requirements


We will respond to your enquiry within one business day

1300 369 568

Our Offices

Call us Monday to Friday
8.30 am to 5pm on
1300 369 568
to speak to our local team

Join our team and support people with a range of complex conditions to achieve their goals and live an independent life.