worker Jobs SYDNEY
Join the Nextt Team
Support Worker Jobs Sydney
Support workers are core to the work we do.
Every day you will be supporting people with a range of complex conditions to achieve their goals and to live an independent life.
We value making a real difference to the lives of our clients. We are therefore looking for people with knowledge and experience, who share our passion for outstanding quality support
When you join our team at Nextt, you will work in a flexible, supportive environment that invests heavily in the ongoing training and accreditation of our talented people.
WHY WORK WITH NEXTT?
As a Nextt support worker, you will receive regular ongoing work with participants who match your skills and interests. You’ll join a supportive and professional team that believes in constant improvement and self-development; a healthy work life balance and that provides you with new opportunities and experiences to progress your career.
SUPPORT WORKER JOBS SYDNEY, WHAT TRAINING IS OFFERED?
Our support workers are provided with a wide range of training, so they have the core skills to be effective – and deliver service excellence – in their role. This might include:
- Foundational skills training
- Work safety training
- Restrictive practices training
- Complex behaviour training
- Negotiation training
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING?
You’ll be supporting people with disability to reach their individual goals, to become more independent and to get much more out of life. Although this work can be challenging, it is also very rewarding, knowing that you are making a significant difference to someone’s life, as well as improving the lives of their families and communities they live in.
- Assist people with daily living, with a focus on self-care and high intensity personal care activities.
- Help clients develop skills and participate in community activities.
- Facilitating daily personal hygiene and dressing tasks.
- Performing home based tasks such as food preparation and housework.
- Implement a client-centred approach in delivering services and support.
- Providing community access to clients so they can improve social skills and confidence.
- Assist with high-level manual handling tasks.
- Providing emotional support and friendship.
How we will support you
A welcoming team environment
Flexible work schedules
If you are considering a long-term career in a job that can lead to new and different opportunities, Disability Support Work is a great path to follow.
What you can expect when working at Nextt | Support Worker Jobs Sydney
Part of a Community
- Nextt Community – our online communication portal allows all workers to communicate with each other and access information.
- Support – you are only a phone call away from our off based team including the Head of Employee Services who collectively will ensure that you and our client’s safety is the number one priority.8
Diverse and inclusive culture
The wonderful staff in our Nextt Community are broad-based and varied:
- Our people come from over 27 nationalities
- Over 85% of our people are women
- We embrace older employees – over 50% of our people are aged greater than 50 years
- 61% of our people have worked for the company for our 5 years
Over 92% of our people state their major motivation for working with us is the opportunity to make a difference in our clients’ lives.
Training and Career Development
- Online access to training modules and webinars
- Periodic face-to-face training
- Opportunities for career progression within Nextt
Benefits and rewards
- You will have access to a wide ranging benefits program
- We offer you special staff arrangements for family member requiring support
Register your interest
Meet two of
our incredible support workers
Kim had recently moved to a new hometown with her four children when she came across an ad in the newspaper advertising jobs to work at Nextt. It sparked an interest in Kim who enquired but informed Nextt that she was limited with her hours due to her last child starting kindergarten and her other three still in primary school. Kim considered herself luckily having secured a job as a community support worker providing assistance to clients varying from In-Homecare, Respite, Personal Care and Transport. Kim was able to work flexible hours which for Kim, proved to be an ideal working arrangement.
Bring part of a team who collectively work to allow clients to remain in their homes for as long as possible is important and rewarding to Kim. She gives her client’s families a peace of mind that there is someone to support and care for their loved ones. Kim’s good sense of humor and hard working attitude lets her develop an instant rapport when meeting clients for the first time. Being patient, trustworthy, positive and always on time are some strong qualities Kim displays, making Kim well admired amongst clients. She is able to make clients feel comfortable around her and at ease. Raising four children and two dogs with her husband, Kim takes pride in herself in doing the best job at home and at work. Clients speak of Kim fondly and with warmth and respect. When Kim is not working, you will find her off making her way to the local markets or travelling to her childhood holiday destination with her family.
Elaine started working with Quality in Home back in 1999 which was then bought out by Nextt. She worked as a full time support worker before going part time to care for her husband.
About four years ago, Nextt saw great potential in Elaine and offered to train her as an on call consultant allowing her to work from home. Elaine appreciates this role as it allows her to continue to talk to clients and get to know the support workers. Clients who ring are surprised to talk to a real, helpful and lovely person like Elaine and not a machine. Elaine has and continues to learn within the role and enjoys coming into the Nextt office when necessary. She is patient and understanding of our support workers and clients’ needs. Her encouraging, caring, friendly nature and her readiness to listen allows support workers to feel comfortable when contacting her.
When Elaine is not working, she can be found cross stitching or tapestry stitching at her on site van at Maldon with a cup of tea by her side. She enjoys going to the movies and loves spending time with her four supportive children and her six beautiful grandchildren.
Nextt is proud to have such incredible and hard working staff like
Kim and Elaine within our community.
Join our Nextt community by visiting our Careers page.
Call us Monday to Friday
8.30 am to 5pm on
0734 986 311
to speak to our local team
Join our team and support people with a range of complex conditions to achieve their goals and live an independent life.