WHAT IS NDIS SUPPORT COORDINATION?
Your questions answered
One of the key ways in which the NDIS provides help for people with disability is through NDIS support coordination. So what exactly is it, and what do you need to know in applying for it?
Four of the most common questions that our NDIS support coordination providers come across are below – they’re by no means the only questions (and please, if you have any other questions, don’t hesitate to reach out), but they’re the first steps in demystifying this important initiative.
WHAT IS NDIS SUPPORT COORDINATION?
The Federal Government defines support coordination as “a capacity building support to implement all supports in a participant’s plan, including informal, mainstream, community and funded supports.”
To put it simply, NDIS support coordination means that help is available to help you navigate the NDIS, so that you or your loved ones can get as much value from the NDIS as possible.
This help often comes in the form of a NDIS plan support coordinator.
WHAT ARE SUPPORT COORDINATORS?
NDIS support coordination providers are people who have been trained in the NDIS, so they can help you understand what services and funds are available to you.
Support coordinators often work for NDIS partner organisations, such as Nextt.
WHAT DO SUPPORT COORDINATORS DO?
NDIS support coordinators work with NDIS participants to plan their individual development goals and how they want to achieve them.
NDIS support coordinators do things such as:
- Assess the funding and services available to you, including mainstream, community, informal and provider options
- Help you choose your preferred support options or providers
- Negotiate your preferred services and prices, as well as develop service agreements and create service bookings with preferred providers
- Arrange any assessments required to determine the funding available to you
- Help decide on a budget for each support type.
- Help participants to understand their personal responsibilities under service agreements, resolve problems or issues that arise and change or end service agreements.
At Nextt, our highly experienced NDIS support coordination team can:
- Help get your individual plan started
- Work with you to find mainstream services, such as education and employment
- Ensure that you are effectively linked in to services that you want and/or need
- Work with you to develop skills and resilience
- Work with you to achieve your goals
- Assist you in finding appropriate disability housing
- Train parents and carers in understanding their role as informal supporters
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF NDIS SUPPORT COORDINATION?
There are many benefits of NDIS support coordination for NDIS participants. At Nextt, our support coordinators are here to help you achieve your individual goals and get as much value out of the NDIS as possible.
We enable NDIS participants to:
- Maximise the value for money they receive from their supports
- Genuinely exercise their choice and control
- Successfully implement their individual plan
Have increased capacity to oversee and manage their own supports
- Have greater opportunities to explore and connect with community and alternative support options
- Strengthen their informal support network, such as family and friends
For more information about how we can help you, and to get in touch with an NDIS plan support coordinator, call 1300 369 568 and enquire now to speak with one of our helpful Nextt support coordinators.
Call us Monday to Friday
8.30 am to 5pm on
1300 369 568
to speak to our local team
Fill in your details below and we will respond to your enquiry within one business day.
Join our team and support people with a range of complex conditions to achieve their goals and live an independent life.