- Mental Health
- Aged support
Self-Managed Home Care Packages
Nextt + Better Caring are working together to offer a unique Self-Managed Home Care Package service, which gives you choice and control, and makes your funding go further!
Call us on 0734986311 to speak to an expert on Self-Managed Home Care Packages.
Why choose a Self-Managed Home Care Package?
You choose, hire and schedule your own support workers, which means you can select a support worker that you can connect with, and can schedule their visits when it suits you.
You will have a much lower administrative fee which means more funds available for your services.
You can negotiate your own support workers' rates (which are typically lower) meaning you can also get many more hours of support from your funds.
What services can I access in my Home Care Package?
In addition to a case manager who will guide and support you, you can hire and schedule your own support services, including:
How does this differ from standard Home Care Packages?
This means that we can offer a super low administration fee, which frees up more funding for you to spend on your services.
Nextt will provide you with a local case manager who will perform your up-front assessment, administer your funding package, prepare required government reporting and perform regular check-ups.
What are the options for Self-Managed Home Care Packages?
We have developed 2 tailored options to suit the level of case management support you need.
- Self-managed with low admin fee: we will charge a low fee for administration which covers cost to perform regular assessments, manage your plan & funds, and meet government requirements. This plan also includes a low ongoing fee for case management services, and a one-off assessment and planning fee.
- Self-managed with “bring your own” case management.
What are the steps to secure a Home Care Package?
If you are over 65 and seeking support to help you remain independent and stay in your own home, you can apply for an initial assessment via the government My Aged Care portal.
The main steps in the assessment process are:
- A quick phone assessment to assess your eligibility, and if successful;
- You will be referred to an Aged Care Assessment Team who will perform a free assessment to determine the level of package and funding you are eligible for.
- Once you have been assessed as eligible for a Home Care Package, you will automatically be placed on the national queue.
- When a Home Care Package is allocated to you, you will receive a letter with details.