Home Care Packages allow you or your love one to remain at home for as long as possible. You have the ability to choose and be in flexible in the way that support is provided.
Nextt is an approved home care provider which offers Home Care Packages on a Consumer Directed Care basis to work with you and meet your needs to allow you to live a more active and independent life. Nextt offer home care packages around New South Wales, Victoria and Queensland including the major cities of Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
To ensure you have a thorough understanding of how to access a Home Care Package, we have explained the process in 4 steps:
Steps to secure a Home Care Package
- CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY THROUGH AGED CARE
- If you are over the age of 65 seeking aged support and coordinated services to help you stay in your home, you may need a complementary Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) assessment to determine whether you are eligible to receive a Home Care Package.
- Nextt can assist you to contact My Aged Care for an initial phone consultation to determine if an Aged Care Assessment Team assessment is required.
- A member of your local Aged Care Assessment Team (may be a nurse, social worker or other health care professional) will come to visit you in your home to discuss how you are managing day-to-day and determine what services may be of assistance to you.
- After assessment the Aged Care Assessment Team and My Aged Care will inform you of the outcome of your assessment and the level of care you are eligible for:
- Level 1 Package – basic care needs
- Level 2 Package – low-level care needs
- Level 3 Package – intermediate care needs
- Level 4 Package – high-level care needs
- Nextt can provide Home Care Packages at all four levels of care
- The Aged Care Assessment Team and My Aged Care will also provide you with a written notice, your approval detailed and a support plan. Your approval details and numbers enable your nominated Home Care Package provider to access your approval and support plan via the My Aged Care Portal. You can nominate Nextt as your provider before or after your Assessment. Nextt can arrange for a Case Manager to visit you before, or after your Aged Care Assessment Team assessment and can assist at each stage of the process.
- CHOOSE NEXTT AS YOUR HOME CARE PACKAGE PROVIDER
- Call Nextt on 1300 369 568 and ask to speak with a Home Care Package Case Manager to get started
- Our experienced Case Managers are always happy to listen and chat with you. You can discuss your service needs and determine if you would like to proceed with a home visit or not.
- ACCEPT NEXTT AS YOUR HOME CARE PACKAGE PROVIDER
- A Nextt Case Manager will arrange a time to meet you in your home to discuss your Home Care Package choices and options
- You will work in partnership with our Case Manager to develop a support plan and discuss your carer preferences, skills required, preferred service times and frequency of services. We will develop an individualized budget to best support your needs and goals.
- BEGIN YOUR SERVICES
- Once you have created your support plan, you will begin your services provided by Nextt as your nominated Home Care Package provider.
- Your Case Manager will do the initial service visit and introduce the support worker to you. Your support worker will be provided with a copy of the support plan to enable them to know what you would like them to assist you with.
- The support worker will encourage and support you to maintain your autonomy and independence. They will only assist you with the tasked you need them too.
- Your Home Care Package Case Manager will have regular contact with you to monitor your service satisfaction and review and adjust your support plans and service needs when needed.
Below are some of the services you can select from:
- Personal services: such as help with showering or bathing, dressing and grooming, mobility, transfers (including in and out of bed) and continence management, nutrition and meal preparation.
- Domestic Support services: such as help with washing, ironing, house cleaning, gardening, basic home maintenance and home modifications related to your needs.
- Clinical Care services: such as nursing and other health support including physiotherapy (exercise, mobility, strength and balance), services of a speech therapist or dietician (nutrition assessment, food and nutrition advice, dietary changes) and hearing and vision services.
- Social Support services: such as companionship, social outings, activities and adventures and transport to help you complete shopping, visit your doctor or attend social activities.
Call one of our Home Care Package Case Managers on 1300 369 568 who will take the time to talk to you about the services Nextt can offer to support you in every day life